ZERO TO THREE is committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all who attend ZERO TO THREE events regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
This Anti-Harassment Policy outlines our expectations for all those who participate in ZERO TO THREE events aswell as the consequences for unacceptable behavior.
We expect all participants in ZERO TO THREE events to create safe and positive experiences for everyone.
“Participant” in this policy refers to anyone present at a ZERO TO THREE event, including but not limited to, staff, contractors, vendors, exhibitors, sponsors, venue staff, members, and all attendees.
We expect all participants at ZERO TO THREE events to abide by this Anti-Harassment Policy in all venues at ZERO TO THREE events, including ancillary events and official and unofficial social gatherings.
- Exercise consideration and respect in your speech and actions.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants.
- Alert ZERO TO THREE event staff if you notice a dangerous situation, someone in distress, or violations of this Anti-Harassment Policy, even if they seem inconsequential.
Unacceptable behaviors include, but are not limited to,
- intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory or demeaning speech or actions by anyparticipant in the ZERO TO THREE event, at all related events and in one-on-one communications carriedout in the context of the ZERO TO THREE event;
- harmful or prejudicial verbal or written comments or visual images related to gender, sexual orientation,race, religion, disability, age, appearance, or other personal characteristics;
- inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces (including presentation slides);
- deliberate intimidation, stalking or following;
- harassing photography or recording;
- sustained disruption of talks or other events;
- unwelcome and uninvited attention or contact;
- physical assault (including unwelcome touch or groping);
- real or implied threat of physical harm; and
- real or implied threat of professional or financial damage or harm.
Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
Unacceptable behavior from any participant at a ZERO TO THREE event will not be tolerated.
If a participant engages in unacceptable behavior, ZERO TO THREE may take any action they deem appropriate, including removal from ZERO TO THREE event (without refund).
Reporting Unacceptable Behavior
If you are harassed, or witness someone else being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of the ZERO TO THREE event staff team immediately. Staff can be identified by a ribbon attached to their name badge indicating they are Staff.
All reports will be kept confidential to the extent possible, but confidentiality cannot be guaranteed.
If possible, provide the following information, preferably in writing:
- Identifying information (name/badge number, role at the conference) of the alleged harasser.
- The behavior that was in violation.
- The approximate time of the behavior (if different than the time the report was made).
- The circumstances surrounding the incident.
- Other people involved in or witnessing the incident.
If needed or requested, staff will help participants contact venue security or local law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the ZERO TO THREE event.